Bringing digital services to apartments utilizing for example: sensors, open data, context-aware services. Open data and how to make it useful in new forms of living? Digitalization and living in a sustainable way – how to create synergy?
How can new business models be utilized for the benefit of the local residents?
What kind of digital services could be implemented in individual apartments or houses? How to make the day-to-day living easier for the customer?
Is there some other public or private services that the living services could be combined with?
Open data and how to make it useful in new forms of living?
How could open data best serve neighborhoods and individual apartments?
How to deliver open data to consumers and how to manage the data flow?
Is it possible to extend the time elderly people can keep living in their homes, and is sensor data useful for other target audiences as well?
Digitalization and living in a sustainable way – how to create synergy?
What things need to be taken into consideration when thinking sustainability?
How could digitalizing a house or an apartment help sustainable development?
How to guide and help people discover the benefits of digitalization?
Modern technology enables novel solutions to revolutionize living. Ideas related to smart housing have been developed for decades, but wide spread applications have been limited so far. Now we would like to move forward from brainstorming to real action and piloting! In this project we want to demonstrate concepts related to the problems of today, and offer solutions for a wide target audience.
- The first blog entry is here! (08.03.2013)
- The blog (08.03.2013)
- Brainstorming and getting it together (15.03.2013)
- What's next? (21.03.2013)
- Project plan review meeting with YIT (29.03.2013)
- Working on the Mid-Pitch and the interface (07.04.2013)
- Smart Housing: Full Week of Action (12.04.2013)
- Interface and lego-walls (18.04.2013)
- Plans & Community Board 2.0 (26.04.2013)
- Usability tests and weekly stuff (05.05.2013)
- Try our prototype! (19.05.2013)
- Final photos (29.05.2013)